As parents and carers you play a vital part in ensuring your child gains the best information, advice and guidance to prepare them for life once they leave Rainhill High or Rainhill Sixth. Hopefully this website will offer you further information that may help you to support them.
For all students Y7-13, we use a careers platform called Unifrog to help them research and document their CEIAG progress. As parents, there are many tools on here that you may wish to use with your child to help them make decisions and promote some discussion at home. We can particularly recommend you start with;
The ‘shortlist’ tools are also very helpful when supporting your child in find the right college, university or apprenticeship. These options are all updated regularly, and the apprenticeship shortlisting tool is updated every 24 hours with apprenticeships from across the country.
As well as Parent’s Evenings throughout the school year, there are CEIAG specific events that parents and carers should be aware of. We will of course notify you of the specific times and dates of these events if they are relevant to your child:
Y12 and Y13 Aspirations Evening
- A marketplace event where students and parents can speak to employers, colleges, universities, apprenticeship providers and Armed Forces about Post 16 and Post 18 choices.
Y13 Parent Apprenticeship Evening
- A guest speaker from ASK presents information on how to find and apply for apprenticeships at Post 18.
Y13 Progression – Parent Information Evening
- Parents are provided with information on the UCAS process in Year 13, as well as an update on student finance applications and a reminder about apprenticeship applications.
Y9 Options Evening (February)
- Parents and students hear from the Principal and subject areas in order to make correct decisions about GCSE options.
- Parent Information Evening Parents are provided with information about the UCAS process and how to best support students through it. They will also hear from an guest speaker on student finance and the application procedure. An update will also be provided on how students research and apply for competitive apprenticeships.
Y10-11 Sixth Form Open Evening (July)
- The event enables students and parents to hear from the Sixth Form team and subject areas on Post 18 options at Rainhill Sixth
Other useful websites and resources can be found below: